Home » General » Brutal Legend Delay Less Likely

Brutal Legend Delay Less Likely

Brutal Legend Delay Less Likely

brutal_legend_gdc_preview_screens_7

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Craig Karlan has indicated that he does not believe Activision’s attempt to delay the release of EA published videogame Brutal Legend is likely to be successful, but has delayed hearing the case for another week. Activision is suing Double Fine to block the release of the game claiming that it still owns the rights and has invested $15 million into its production. Double Fine countersued last month saying that Activision breached their contract and are only trying to protect sales of Guitar Hero from competition.

“I can’t say there’s a likelihood of success here,” Judge Karlan told Activision, Double Fine and EA. “This is going to be a close call.” The arguments from each party will now be heard on Aguest 6, although it has also been revealed that Double Fine is scheduled to submit a finished version of Brutal Legend to EA on August 8. For our part we still like Tim Schafer’s response to the whole affair. “Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it,” Schafer said. “Oh great, now BeyoncĂ© is going to sue me too.” For its part EA said it was like “a husband abandoning his family and then suing after his wife meets a better looking guy.”

brutal_legend4

Bottom line we don’t want to see Brutal Legend delayed, but this is all about the green so the feelings of fans really don’t amount to much right now. We’ll be keeping our fingers firmly crossed.




Similar posts