PLAY, Y U NO REVIEW BATTLEFIELD 3 YET?
We don’t tend to write reviews specifically for online, which is why you won’t be seeing our Battlefield 3 review on here any time soon. Maybe at some point, but we have a magazine to focus on. So, just to join in with everyone else, that’s why we don’t have a BF3 review up. Be still your wild beating hearts.
Anyway, that doesn’t stop us from offering some early impressions of the game, from the single-player we’ve bitched our way through. Here’s a few:
- Single-player simply isn’t very good.
- We’ve been playing on retail code with the day-one patch installed and it’s crashed – needing a full system reset – on no less than four occasions.
- There are glitches up the wazoo: clipping is a big problem, it seems, with allies running through walls and obstacles and bullets finding their way through (apparently thick) cover.
- The story is boring.
- Missions are uninspired.
- It manages to have the single dullest air combat section of any game ever made.
- It’s rather unfairly difficult at times.
That’s enough for now, but rest assured this isn’t the whole story – because multiplayer exists, and multiplayer is where DICE actually knows what it’s doing. Keep the faith, look out for our review in issue 212.