God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta now live
Breaking news to those of you who haven’t been paying attention, the online beta for God of War: Ascension went up last Wednesday for anyone with a Playstation Plus subscription. Ascension is the first title in the God of War series to feature multiplayer, so naturally we at Play are eager to see how it all fits together. You want some details? Brother, we got details!
Our multiplayer beta is a slice of the full-game experience, here’s what you’ll see featured:
- God Allegiances: Zeus and Ares (two of four)
- Modes: Team Favor of the Gods, Capture The Flag, Favor of the Gods (Deathmatch)
- Maps: Desert of Lost Souls (large map) & Forum of Hercules (arena)
- Vast amount of weapons, armors, magic, relics and God items to customise and earn
- Ascend to Level 30 – can you do it during the short beta period?!
- VoIP – bust out those headphones and mics, team strategies are crucial (especially in CTF)
Sony have promised that this is but a taste of the full experience to come with the completed game. So jump in, whet your appetites, and act antisocially towards mythical Greek creatures!